Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Busy!

Hello, long time no see!

The only reason for that is that it is very busy over here. I like that it is very busy, but work also has to take place!

Last week was a very busy week. This was so because there were 3 birthdays (Charlotte, Daniel and me) and also we had some interesting courses.

Last monday we had history and school and education in Denmark. The lesson about history last monday gave us a global vision about the history of Denmark. The lesson went fast, but I like an energetic teacher. I think Jorn who tells us about this is really an expert. He also teaches with a lot of passion.

We also had a lesson of history on friday. Then Jorn told us about the area overhere, that they became independent in 1920, he told about the relationships with Germany and about the wars. He really tries to interact us in the lessons. This is a teaching style I really appreciate.

Often we also has lesson about school and education. I think the education system in Denmark is becoming clear to me. The main differences with the education system are clear. Because this week we also visited a school, and the same differences came clear to me.

The differences with the Belgium education system:

- The pupils has a lot of freedom, but also more responbilities;
- The teacher is more a guide then really "he knows everything and he wants to tell everything";
- Lessons overhere in general only last untill 14.00. In Belgium lessons last untill 15.30.

On wednesday we had an artistic lesson. We had to draw a portrait about ourselve. That didn´t work out for me, because I don´t have the patience. But it turned out that Daniel is a pretty good drawer!

In afternoon, we had a meeting with the cooking class. It was an international buffet, with food from Belgium, the Czech Republic, Germany and Denmark. First we cooked together and then, off course, we ate it and we had a good time!

On thursday there was a guest speaker. He told us more about "English across the curriculum". For me, who hasn´t English as a subject it was also very interesting. Because I also can use some tips for learning French when I am back in Belgium. I think the most important thing to do is to give the children always a context.

Then the birthdays...

With 3 birthdays in one week, you are obliged to give a party! So, on saturday evening, we had a birthday dinner. Daniel, Charlotte and myself cooked, with assistence from Iva, Manu and Gerard (Charlotte´s boyfriend). We also invited the 2 German students who are here for 2 weeks. It was really a cosy evening, with good food, a good chat and wine. Sunday it was like a lazy sunday for me, because I could use the rest!

So, that was the most important of last week,

Mojn,

Tim

No comments: